Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compiling VBA as .exe to run within Excel

Hi I wonder if someone would kindly put me straight on something.

I have a colleague who tells me that it should be possible to compile
an excel vba project to run securely within Excel once distributed to
other Excel users. I have trawled this support site and most queries
seem to refer to compiling vba to run standalone; not my case. I'm
merely seeking security and ease of use for my Excel end users.

If needs be I can teach myself VB.Net (or VB6) and come at it from that
direction, linking back into Excel as the user working environment.
Would VB.Net be difficult to learn given that it is not a good friend
to VB6 and therefore VBA ?

Thanks in advance

Chatterbox

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't compile Excel VBA into an exe file. You can write a COM
Add-In or ActiveX DLL in VB6. If you know VBA, you'll find VB6
quite easy to learn.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson