Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compiling an Excel Spreadsheet

Some time ago, there was a program called Baler which
could compile a Lotus spreadsheet into an EXE file. The
point was, you now didn't need Lotus to run the
spreadsheet and the formulas in the spreadsheet were
completely protected.

I would like to know if there is a program that can do
the same thing with an Excel spreadsheet. Baler is now
known as Visual Baler and you need to convert (save) an
Excel spreadsheet as a Lotus file and import it into
Visual Baler, but there are some problems, one of which
is that any VBA routines will not port over. My Excel
spreadsheet has a large number of VBA routines and I'd
prefer not to have to rewrite them over in Visual Baler.

The reason I am pursuing this tact is that I want to be
absolutely sure my spreadsheet (with VBA routines) can
not be compromised. I understand that I can protect my
spreadsheet, but I understand this option is not perfect.

Thank you for your time.

Anthony Felder
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
AFAIK there's no such cmpiler available which is also able to deal with
VBA. The best you could do is create a COM Addin for your code (e.g.
use VB - not VBA - for your development)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Anthony Felder wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Anthony Felder" wrote in message
[...]

There are some tools available for developing spreadsheet
applications. Component One have a control for .net that
allows you to develop applications that can read and write
Excel files.

http://www.componentone.com/products...&ProductID=123

It wont support your VBA however, nor does it have
the cell functions Excel supports

You may find it easier to migrate your VBA to a com add-in
You'll need to rebuild the user forms and some controls
in VBA are subtly different their VB equivalents (no multi
column list boxes in VB for example) but its likely to
be easier than writing code to handle all the functions

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../comaddins.asp

Keith

Keith