Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import automation, selected mdb fields from server to Excel

Hello everyone:

I need to bring in selected mdb fields from a date stamped file reside in a
server to Excel. New file created every day. I want to automate the process.

So far, I can do it manually using FTP and the built-in Access / Excel
import and export functions. I have some understanding in VBA, Access and
Excel. I took some courses.

My manual steps a

1) FTP the mdb file to a folder in my local computer
2) Select the mdb fields
3) Export them to Excel.

My challenges for automation a

1) To capture the date in the required format and pass it to the batch and
text files for FTP. The file name takes the form eg €śxxx_yyy_20050731.mdb€ť.
The number 20050731 represents yyyymmdd.
2) To import selected fields to Excel.
3) To auto these for the daily server created mdb file.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

James