Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default import data into SQL Server from Excel

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to import data into a SQL Server
2000
table from a command button in excel.

Basically I need to send users (over 50) an excel spreadsheet for
them
to fill out, once complete I then wanted them to press a command
button and the data be sent autamatically to a SQL Server table.

The data they fill out is: Client_ID, Business Group and Appointment
Date, this will be sent to 50 people and I dont really want them to
be
emailing it me back for me to insert into a table in sql server. The
table is already set up and has 3 fields, Client_ID, BusGroup and
AppDate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rachel
Yes it is
You can either open an ADO recordset on your SQL server using VBA and
append the records from Excel
Or you can use INSERT INTO and build the SQL string dynamically.
Or you could save the files somewhere and use DTS to pull the data in
using the JET drivers against the workbooks.
You might even be able to do something with the XML.

Cheers
Simon
Excel development website: www.codematic.net