Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searching in a user form / List box

Hello,

I have created a user form with msforms and a long long list of names
(authors, to be exact) in a list box to choose from. Now, if I'm
looking for, say, "Smith", I type "S" which takes me to the first
author whose name starts with "S", say Samson. What I would like now is
that if I type in "M" now that it takes me to the names starting with
"Sm" and so on. This kind of search would save a LOT of time. Instead,
typing "M" takes me to the M-authors, of course.

Is there a way to implement this? Also, this kind of search has a
special name - I forgot it right now...can anybody help me out?

It's been bugging me for weeks and I'd be very grateful if anybody
could give me a hint.

Thanks,
Max

--
Idokras
Idokras's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28873

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you're in the VBE, select your listbox on your userform.
Hit F4 to see the properties window
Look for MatchEntry

There's a fmMatcheEntryComplete that sounds like what you want.

Idokras wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, worked like a charm! Saves me a lot of time, so thanks.