Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print content of cells to a text file

Hi !

I developed a small macro that prints the content of some cells to a
text file.
I use "print" command, but I want to have, let's say , the result of 2
"print" calls on the same line...Now, on each call, it goes to a new
line..

Is it possible to do that??? Or maybe using another function??

Also, if I want to echo this character: *"* , what should I use for
that??

Thanks in advance,
Chris

--
loopoo
loopoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28792

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you put a semicolon after the string to be printed
then no newline is added:

Print #1, "Don't add new line after this";
Print #1, " ... or after this";
Print #1, " but after this"

Would print as a single line:
Don't add new line after this ... or after this but after this

To use the double-quote character in a string, you need to double it:

Print #1, "Here's a double quote: "" <<< see? "

Would print:
Here's a double quote: " <<< see?

Or you can refer to it as Chr(34)

hth
Andrew Taylor

loopoo wrote:
Hi !

I developed a small macro that prints the content of some cells to a
text file.
I use "print" command, but I want to have, let's say , the result of 2
"print" calls on the same line...Now, on each call, it goes to a new
line..

Is it possible to do that??? Or maybe using another function??

Also, if I want to echo this character: *"* , what should I use for
that??

Thanks in advance,
Chris

--
loopoo
loopoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28792
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=485906

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot Andrew

I remembered now about printing on the same line..I used it once but it
seems I forgot it

Once again,
Thanks

Chris