Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get the total sum from various files

Hi to everyone,

I think that my demand it's probably very known, but I've look everywhere on
Internet and I could not find a solution for this problem so I'll appreciate
any help.

Every day I save a Excel file with the date of the day like 16.11.2005.xls,
17.11.2005.xls and so on with texts and numbers on the cell's. I would like
to create a unique Excel file that could read every excel "day" file on the
folder and eventually on subfolders to get the total number on a new excel
file.

Example : on the file 16.11.2005.xls, cell A2 there is a total number of 250
and on the file 17.11.2005.xls, cell A2 there is a total number of 300

On the file that I would like to create "GlobalAmountForThisMonth.xls", the
total sum of every day should be 550 on cell A2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can run a macro like this to make the links
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

Or if you only want the values
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--