Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table Question.

Personally i avoid calculated fields and formulas like the plague if i can,
as in a number of my larger pivot tables they tend to crash them and hang my
Excel. I do put an awful lot of calculated fields in the source data
though, and these can be used exactly the same as any other field, so if for
example you actually have a field called commissions that has values below
and above 4, then simply add a helper column to the source data with a
formula such as:-

=--(A2=4) and copy down.

I assume you meant greater than or equal to, else 4 doesn't get catered for.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
Is it possible to use formulas when creating calculated fields for
pivot tables? for example, if I have an existing field in the pivot
table called commissions can i create a new field using a calculated
field that flags all commissions over 4 with a 1 and all commissions
below 4 with a 0? How would I write this formula?