Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA - Excel Security

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone might be able to help me with a small issue I am having.

My company distributes an analysis tool in Excel (the decision for using
Excel over a custom application is beyond my control). We have put a lot of
time and effort into ensuring the high quality of the data - which is very
valuable - within the application and I have instituted a number of security
procedures to try and provide some additional security.

Most have been reasonably simple to implement and have not caused me any
difficulty. However, we have been having a problem with people (sales)
emailing the entire workbook out to clients...despite instructions not to do
this, it continues unabated. While the other security procedures should stop
people from viewing the code, data and the like - one cannot be certain.

Is anyone aware of any way to STOP emailing of files from within Excel VBA?
I know that I cannot stop people from, when using Outlook, emailing the file
directly...but my feeling is that most just use the Send Mail function within
Excel and for this reason I very much want to disable it (if at all possible).

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this, or any other security
issues you might be familiar with when it comes to distributing Excel
workbooks (any idear are always welcome).

Thanks!

David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe disable send when that workbook is active,

application.CommandBars(1).Controls("File").contro ls("Send To").enabled =
false

and enable it on inactive.

--

HTH

RP

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Guys...Its amazing that I've written code to encrypt the data, to
complete domain and username authentication but couldn't think of something
as simple as this (which I have done hundreds of times)!

In any event, thanks for the prompt response...

David