Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default VBA - Excel Security

You can always remove the Sendmail menu items with code.

Tom Ogilvy

"David" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone might be able to help me with a small issue I am

having.

My company distributes an analysis tool in Excel (the decision for using
Excel over a custom application is beyond my control). We have put a lot

of
time and effort into ensuring the high quality of the data - which is very
valuable - within the application and I have instituted a number of

security
procedures to try and provide some additional security.

Most have been reasonably simple to implement and have not caused me any
difficulty. However, we have been having a problem with people (sales)
emailing the entire workbook out to clients...despite instructions not to

do
this, it continues unabated. While the other security procedures should

stop
people from viewing the code, data and the like - one cannot be certain.

Is anyone aware of any way to STOP emailing of files from within Excel

VBA?
I know that I cannot stop people from, when using Outlook, emailing the

file
directly...but my feeling is that most just use the Send Mail function

within
Excel and for this reason I very much want to disable it (if at all

possible).

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this, or any other security
issues you might be familiar with when it comes to distributing Excel
workbooks (any idear are always welcome).

Thanks!

David