Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Not allow user to select a locked cell

Hi,

How can i not allow user to select a locked cell? I want to do it using VBA.
I can do it in gui, by unselecting the "allow select locked cells" in
protection. But when i close and open that option is checked again. so i
want to do it in the code. as i am unprotecting and protecting the sheet in
it.
I do it as
sheet2.unprotect("password")
sheet2.protect("password")

after this is done, the user can select the cell but he can't modify it. any
help is appreciated.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
if Target.Address = "$A$10" then
Range("B10").Select
End if
End Sub

Right click on the sheet tab and select view code. Paste in code like the
above adjusted to suit your requirements.

Tom Ogilvy

"CoolCyber" wrote in message

How can i not allow user to select a locked cell? I want to do it using

VBA.
I can do it in gui, by unselecting the "allow select locked cells" in
protection. But when i close and open that option is checked again. so i
want to do it in the code. as i am unprotecting and protecting the sheet

in
it.
I do it as
sheet2.unprotect("password")
sheet2.protect("password")

after this is done, the user can select the cell but he can't modify it.

any
help is appreciated.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try:
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

Of course ActiveSheet can be replaced with Sheets("whatever") if you want to
specify it for a specific worksheet.