Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic Manual Calc When Opening!!

Hi all,

Is there any way of always turning on Manual Calc When you open
specific file. I keep forgetting and the file always crashes when
open it on Automatic calc.

Thanks

--
twogoodtw
twogoodtwo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1273

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi TwoGoodTwo,

Is there any way of always turning on Manual Calc When you open a
specific file.

I think that you would need to set calculation to manual before opening the
workbook. You could set calculation to manual in the workbook's Open event,
but, if Excel's application level calculation setting is automatic, the
workbook will be recalculated before the Workbook_open code is invoked.

I would, however be more intrigued by why the workbook should crash.

---
Regards,
Norman

"twogoodtwo" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

Is there any way of always turning on Manual Calc When you open a
specific file. I keep forgetting and the file always crashes when I
open it on Automatic calc.

Thanks

twogoodtwo
twogoodtwo's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483945

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Intraday always updating share prices. If you don't manual calc, th
Bloomberg link trips over as it is constantly trying to update.

It is a pain

--
twogoodtw
twogoodtwo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1273
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48394

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi TwoGoodTwo,

Thank you for the information.

Not a scenario that I am familiar with - my assets are under the matress!

---
Regards,
Norman

"twogoodtwo" wrote
in message ...

Intraday always updating share prices. If you don't manual calc, the