Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to protect a code with password to avoid mishandling

Hi,

I have wriyyen a VBAcode in Excel Now i want the the code to be
protected nor to be seen by others to avoid mishandling, as my
worksheet is a shred one. help me how to protect the code.

Regards

Bobby.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Goto to the VB editor (Alt-F11), then in the "Project Explorer" Window (if
it is not visible then choose View-Project Explorer from the main menu)
click on the VBA Project heading for the workbook code you wish to protect
and right click, choose VBA Project Properties. In the project properties
dialog choose protection and set the password etc.

Next time you open the workbook you cannot view the code without the
password.

NOTE: This is not a totally secure method but will stop most tampering.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"bobby" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have wriyyen a VBAcode in Excel Now i want the the code to be
protected nor to be seen by others to avoid mishandling, as my
worksheet is a shred one. help me how to protect the code.

Regards

Bobby.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nigel,