Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autoshape textbox

I want to copy a textbox in its entirity and paste it to a location on
another sheet inside the same workbook prior to printing the sheet.

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 17").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT").Select
Range("A28").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT").Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT").Select
Sheets("Pre Bid").Select

It is failing on the Range("A28").Select statement If I remove it I
get results but it is pasted in "A1". i want it to appear further down
the sheet.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your probably running this code from a sheet module. so you need to qualify
that statement with the sheet name:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 17").Select
Selection.Copy

With Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT")
.Select
.Range("A28").Select
.Paste
.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
End With
Sheets("Pre Bid").Select

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to copy a textbox in its entirity and paste it to a location on
another sheet inside the same workbook prior to printing the sheet.

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 17").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT").Select
Range("A28").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT").Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Sheets("Pre Bid PRNT").Select
Sheets("Pre Bid").Select

It is failing on the Range("A28").Select statement If I remove it I
get results but it is pasted in "A1". i want it to appear further down
the sheet.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I applied Toms changes from above and that worked for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Whatever floats your boat

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
oups.com...
I applied Toms changes from above and that worked for me.