Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't get Find Box

Hello Programmers.

How can we through Macro, prompt the Find box to come up when an exce
spreadsheet is first opened. I tried to record this action by usin
CTRL+F, and find selecting Edit, then Find, but it doesn't show up i
the code.

Is there way to write this into a code?

Thanks,
EMo

--
EMo
EMoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2318

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi E,

Try:

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

---
Regards,
Norman

"EMoe" wrote in message

Hello Programmers.

How can we through Macro, prompt the Find box to come up when an excel
spreadsheet is first opened. I tried to record this action by usinf
CTRL+F, and find selecting Edit, then Find, but it doesn't show up in
the code.

Is there way to write this into a code?

Thanks,
EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483123

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go into the VBE and select your project in the Project Explorer Window. Go
to the ThisWorkbook object and double click on it or select view code. In
the resulting module, from the left dropdown at the top, select Workbook and
from the right, select Open. This will put in a declaration for the
workbook.Open event. Add you code in that declaration to have it execute
when the workbook is opened and macros are not disabled:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With ThisWorkbook.worksheets(1)
.Activate
.Range("A1").Select
End With
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

Tom Ogilvy

"EMoe" wrote in message

Hello Programmers.

How can we through Macro, prompt the Find box to come up when an excel
spreadsheet is first opened. I tried to record this action by usinf
CTRL+F, and find selecting Edit, then Find, but it doesn't show up in
the code.

Is there way to write this into a code?

Thanks,
EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483123

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much *Norman, Don, and Tom*.

I will give it a shot.

Regards,
EMoe :)

--