Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Am I in the right place?

Hi, I need to display computer info (name, OS System, Service pack, Software
etc.) for 14 users in MS Excel (XP). I was thinking instead of using 14
worksheets (one for each user) i could display all the info on a worksheet
using a dropdown and replacing data according to the username. Is this
possible? and how, so that i can look into it. I do have some VB knowledge.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jimmy,

Forgive the question, but why do you need a dropdown? Why not use columns
and rows, different attributes (IS System, SP, etc) in columns, names down
the rows). Then fill in the grid. You could then apply filters to all
columns so you could see everyone on XP, with SP2, etc.

--

HTH

RP

"jimmy" wrote in message
Hi, I need to display computer info (name, OS System, Service pack,

Software
etc.) for 14 users in MS Excel (XP). I was thinking instead of using 14
worksheets (one for each user) i could display all the info on a worksheet
using a dropdown and replacing data according to the username. Is this
possible? and how, so that i can look into it. I do have some VB

knowledge.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Putting it on separate sheets would make it extremely hard to work with.
Better to set up a database on a single sheet.

You could then have a dropdown on another sheet and use vlookup to populate
additional information.
Tom Ogilvy