Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default FileLen with very large files

I need to determine the size of an input file to work out how many times to
run through a loop. One of my input files is 2,878,231,056 bytes long, and
when I run FileLen it returns the value -1416736240 because FileLen returns a
Long integer, and the range of Lond integers is only -2,147,483,648 to
2,147,483,647

Can anyone suggest how to determine file lengths for files which are bigger
than 2,147,483,647 bytes? ( I might need to examine files which are bigger
than 5 GB, so it will not always work to take the twos complement of the
returned file size.)

Grateful for any suggestions.