Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting Large XML Files into CSV Files for Excel

Hi:
I have a large XML file (a few hundered MB in size) that I need to import
into Excel and save as a .csv file. Smaller files (< 5 MB) work fine, but as
you approach this limit, you have to break the original XML file into smaller
files, and work on them on at a time. For my current XML file, this would be
broken down into easily 50 sub XML files. The problems are file size,
memory size, and Excel limits. Do you know of any way that this can be done
other than the "manual grunt method" that I described about ? Any way of
automating a script ? I am not real familar with Excel or any scripting
language like awk, sed, or Perl, so your detailed feedback would be
deeplyappreciated. Thank you...!!!

DaleB

Large XML file -- many small XML files -- many small .csv files.
(CSV = comma separated values).