Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Question

I have a workbook that is volitile and I would like for a macro to look up
value j13 and copy each one onto a worksheet. I need it to be volitle so I
dont need to change it each time a new person is put on the database.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thats the thing I have not a limit of worksheets. Here is the idea I have.

The two cells i need from all sheets are

"b3" and "j15"

the thing is when I have a new person I have an automatic page setup where I
get their details and a new worksheet is added. I just want to collect this
information from these sheets and place them on a worksheet called "details"

Hope this is a little bit more helpful

Thanks
Greg

"Greg B" wrote in message
I have a workbook that is volitile and I would like for a macro to look up
value j13 and copy each one onto a worksheet. I need it to be volitle so
I dont need to change it each time a new person is put on the database.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Greg,

There are a number of difficulties here.

The obvious thing is to trap the NewSheet event and code into there, but the
two cells will not be populated by then.

Then there is the possibility that you will rename the default name
allocated to the sheet.

Does the details sheet have to know the source of the data?

Could the code prompt and load those two values?

--

HTH

RP

"Greg B" wrote in message
I have a workbook that is volitile and I would like for a macro to look

up
value j13 and copy each one onto a worksheet. I need it to be volitle

so
I dont need to change it each time a new person is put on the database.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I never thought of That I have code to add the sheet I could just extend it
a little bit more. Thanks for that
Just was too blind to see it that way.
\
Thanks
Greg

"Greg B" wrote in message
I have a workbook that is volitile and I would like for a macro to look

up
value j13 and copy each one onto a worksheet. I need it to be volitle

so
I dont need to change it each time a new person is put on the database.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim rw as Long, sStr as String
Dim sh as Worksheet
Worksheets("Details").Cells.ClearContents
rw = 1
for each sh in Worksheets
sStr = lcase(sh.Name)
if sStr < "details" and sStr < "setup" then
rw = rw + 1
With Worksheets("Details")
.cells(rw,1).Value = sh.Range("B3")
.Cells(rw,2).Value = sh.Range("J15")