Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display Alert

The excel will set Application.DisplayAlerts to "true" as default as the
macro running was done.

Is it possible to set this default value as "false"?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,

The excel will set Application.DisplayAlerts to "true" as default as the
macro running was done.

Is it possible to set this default value as "false"?

I think that you will need to set DisplayAlerts to False wherever you need
to do so. The setting is not persistent.

---
Regards,
Norman

"FrankJIN" wrote in message
The excel will set Application.DisplayAlerts to "true" as default as the
macro running was done.

Is it possible to set this default value as "false"?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub GoForIt ()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Run some code
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

MIke F
"FrankJIN" wrote in message
The excel will set Application.DisplayAlerts to "true" as default as the
macro running was done.

Is it possible to set this default value as "false"?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Norman.

My code:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
MsgBox "Range " & Target.Address & " was changed"
End Sub

That means if I input any value or modify the value of cell, any error
message could be surpressed. But if I have chart with logarithmic scale, when
I input "0" or "negative value" in the source data. The excel will still pop
up an alert message: " Negative or zero values cannot be plotted correctly on
log charts...."

The method of
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
can work for some cases, but some cases, like here, it can't be triggered
properly.

Do you have any idea to surpress the " Negative or zero values cannot be
plotted correctly on log charts...." effectively?

Thanks
Frank

Hi Frank,

"FrankJIN" wrote in message
The excel will set Application.DisplayAlerts to "true" as default as the
macro running was done.

Is it possible to set this default value as "false"?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,

See posts from Jon Peltier and Tushar Mehta at:

http://tinyurl.com/aztzu

---
Regards,
Norman

"FrankJIN" wrote in message

Thanks Norman.

My code:

[...]

Hi Frank,

"FrankJIN" wrote in message
The excel will set Application.DisplayAlerts to "true" as default as
the
macro running was done.

Is it possible to set this default value as "false"?

Thanks.

Conditional Format to display text alert VSS Excel Worksheet Functions 3 June 6th 09 03:06 PM
alert nader Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 15th 08 04:14 PM
alert Chad Excel Programming 0 April 22nd 05 04:17 PM
Display an Alert popup. Xluser@work Excel Programming 4 August 24th 04 03:11 PM
Delete Display Alert tagged to an individual cell Lisa[_7_] Excel Programming 2 September 13th 03 03:55 PM