Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Display Alert tagged to an individual cell

In Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that seems to have a
cell with a display alert (looks like a text box) - I seem
to gather that its some sort of customized Office
Assistant. The text box can not be dragged outside the
computation area (columns and rows area) of the worksheet
unlike Office Assistant - however when I turn on the Office
Assistant and mouse over to it - the text box becomes a
bubble from the Office Assistant.

I do not need this custom feature... I do not know how it
was created and (1) like to modify the text instead to be
more applicable OR (2) DELETE it all together.

PLEASE HELP ASAP! I need to try this spreadsheet in tomorrow.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there isn't a red triangle in the upper right corner of the cell (an
indication of a comment although these can be turned off) then it is
probably produced by data=validation. Select the cell and do
Data=Validation and select ClearAll or go to the tabs and modify the
message. If clearall is not offered as a button in the lower left corner of
the dialog, then it may be a comment as previously suggested.

Tom Ogilvy