Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "tab" thru cells in a specific order

I need to be able to "tab" or "enter" thru cells in a specific order. For
example, I will be entering data into cells A1 thru Z9. he data in A1, A2 &
A3 are related to each other, as is B1-B3, C1-C3, A4-A6, B4-B6, A7-A9, B7-B9,
etc.

How do I make the "tab order" be A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, C1......A4, A5, A6,
B4, B5, B6......etc.?

I use the term "tab order" because, if I recall correctly, that is the name
of the VB property for objects in VB forms.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no way to set the tab order of cells.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"SteelDetailer" wrote
in message
I need to be able to "tab" or "enter" thru cells in a specific
order. For
example, I will be entering data into cells A1 thru Z9. he
data in A1, A2 &
A3 are related to each other, as is B1-B3, C1-C3, A4-A6, B4-B6,
A7-A9, B7-B9,
etc.

How do I make the "tab order" be A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3,
C1......A4, A5, A6,
B4, B5, B6......etc.?

I use the term "tab order" because, if I recall correctly, that
is the name
of the VB property for objects in VB forms.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I should've stated that in my original post. The worksheet is protected,
with cells A1-Z9 unlocked. The user can only select unlocked cells.

What I want to do is "tab" thru the cells in a specific order. When I enter
a value in cell A1, the next cell I want to go to is A2, then A3 (A1-A3 data
is related to each other---qty, length, package #). After I enter these, I
want to go to B1, not A4. When I've filled out down to row Z, I want to
start again at A4, A5, A6, B4, B5, B6, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

right click sheet tabview codeinsert thismodifySAVE

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Target.Offset(1).Select
If Target.Address = "$A$2" Then Target.Offset(1).Select
If Target.Address = "$A$3" Then Target.Offset(-2, 1).Select
'or
'If Target.Address = "$A$3" Then Range("b1").Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
several ways but with a worksheet_change event you could

if target.address="$A$1" then target.offset(1).select
if
etc

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

&
A3 are related to each other, as is B1-B3, C1-C3, A4-A6, B4-B6, A7-A9,

B7-B9,
etc.

How do I make the "tab order" be A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, C1......A4, A5,

A6,
B4, B5, B6......etc.?

I use the term "tab order" because, if I recall correctly, that is the

name
of the VB property for objects in VB forms.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Don!!

It's a bit or work to get there, but it's what I'm looking for.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Don.

From the info in your first reply, I looked it up in help and began to
monkey around with it. I did consider and try the ..then Range("b1").select,
too. not sure which way I'll ultimately go, but I appreciate the push in the
right direction!!!

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don (or anybody),

I notice that this approach works if the worksheet changes. I'd like the
arrow keys to function as they normally would, but the "tabbing" thru the
cells to occur only when the "enter" key is used.

Thanks,
Rich