Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open / Run Application using VBA

Gurus,
Can someone please tell me what VBA code I would use to open an application
through a macro in Excel. The application I am trying to open will open
another toolbar within Excel (SAPBEX.XLA) and can be accessed through
"C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw\sapbex.xla". Any guidence would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Workbooks.Open "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw\sapbex.xla"
would do.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"mnvkngs" skrev i melding
Gurus,
Can someone please tell me what VBA code I would use to open an

application
through a macro in Excel. The application I am trying to open will open
another toolbar within Excel (SAPBEX.XLA) and can be accessed through
"C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw\sapbex.xla". Any guidence would be

greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good morning mnvkngs

This sounds like an add-in and needs setting up in Excel. You don't
really need to do this thru VBA 'cos once it's set up it will open with
excel every time.

Go to Tools Add-Ins, Browse and navigate to the xla file and click
OK. This will put it into the add-ins available list. Make sure it's
checked and click OK.

HTH

DominicB

--