Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to ensure a VBA sub is run before closing a workbook

What syntax would I use to make sure specific subs are run before Excel
closes the active workbook. These subs are error checks and I need VBA to
vet the data and alert the user there are errors before the workbook is
closed. Is it the Workbook_Before Close event?. I tried adding the syntax
below but it didn't trigger the subs. Also would an On Save type event (if
there is one) be a better alternative. Can anyone recommend a solution with
some code please.
Many thanks
Jacqui

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose()

Qualifiers_Check
Disable_Check

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The BeforeClose procedure declaration is incorrect. The best way to
get these relatively trivial things correct is to let XL do the work.

The code goes in the Workbook's code module. The easiest way to figure
out where is to right-click the workbook icon to the left of the
'File' in the menu bar and select View Code.

In the XL VBE towards the middle top there is a drop down that will
read (General). Use it to select Workbook. In the adjacent dropdown,
select BeforeClose. You will now have the correct syntax for the
BeforeClose procedure.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions