Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add standard button on custum commandbar

Hi,

I created a commandbar for my application. Adding a custom button works with
this procedure, but I want ot add a standard button of excel. How can I do
this?

Thanks a lot
Jos Vens

CB_LibraAdd "Maak/Bewerk Opmerking", "TB_CommentCreate", 1589, True

In this line, I want to have the original excel button for editing comments
in stead of my procedure TB_CommentCreate. FaceID is correct.

Function CB_LibraAdd(vTooltipText As String, vOnAction As String, vFaceId As
Long, vGroup As Boolean)

Dim cbLibra As CommandBar
Dim vControl As CommandBarControl

On Error Resume Next

Set cbLibra = CommandBars("Libra")

Set vControl = cbLibra.Controls.Add

vControl.TooltipText = vTooltipText
vControl.OnAction = vOnAction
vControl.FaceId = vFaceId
vControl.Style = msoButtonIcon
vControl.BeginGroup = vGroup

End Function

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jos,

You set the ID to the BuiltinId for that control

Set cbCtl = CB.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, _
ID:=BuiltinId, _
Temporary:=True)

--

HTH

RP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Jos,

Here is a code example taken from the VBA help files. Thiss adds a
button to a custom toolbar to execute the Excel toolbar AutoSum.

This Microsoft Excel example creates a command bar and then adds a
built-in command bar button control to it. The button executes the
Excel AutoSum function. This example uses the Execute method to total
the selected range of cells when the command bar appears.

Code:
--------------------

Dim cbrCustBar As CommandBar
Dim ctlAutoSum As CommandBarButton

Set cbrCustBar = CommandBars.Add("Custom")
Set ctlAutoSum = cbrCustBar.Controls _
.Add(msoControlButton, CommandBars("Standard") _
.Controls("AutoSum").Id)

cbrCustBar.Visible = True
ctlAutoSum.Execute

--------------------

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bob,

it works, but not on my protected sheet (the cell is editable, but the
commandbutton stays grey). I cannot unprotect the sheet because users will
delete my formula's. It's the button to edit/create comment on a cell.

Can you still help?
Thanks
Jos Vens

"Bob Phillips" schreef in bericht

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jos,

I think that, rather than call the builtin control directly, you would have
to have a button that unprotects the sheet, insert the comment via code,
then protect the sheet.

--

HTH

RP

[...]