Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide Row Numbers Only

How can I Hide the Grey Row Numbers ONLY in a SpreadSheet Please.

All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,

Not without hiding column headers as well.

--

HTH

RP

"Paul Black" wrote in message
ups.com...
How can I Hide the Grey Row Numbers ONLY in a SpreadSheet Please.

All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Paul,

Excel gives you an all or nothing choice with the column and ro
headers. You can't display one or the other. Either you display them o
you don't.

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bob & Leith for the Replies.
I did do a Search and could NOT Find Anything Relevant.
Is there a Way then to Change the Font Colour of the Numbers to the
Same as the Background Colour.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Leith Ross wrote:
Hello Paul,

Excel gives you an all or nothing choice with the column and row
headers. You can't display one or the other. Either you display them or
you don't.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,
again No. The fonts and background are determined in
your control panel settings, display, appearance
and you would wipe out menus in all of your applications.

If you want to complicate things you can hide both.
Tools, Options, View, Row & Column Headings
then place a key of your columns in the top row.

Display and printing are two different options, by the way.
File, Page Setup, Sheet, row & Column Headings
and again it is both or nothing.

Why are so determined to make Excel not work and look like
Excel -- why is it important to make the row numbers unintelligible.

Leith Ross wrote:
Hello Paul,

Excel gives you an all or nothing choice with the column and row
headers. You can't display one or the other. Either you display them or
you don't.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480444

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe that that would have to be a windows setting and would affect a
lot of other stuff.

--

HTH

RP

oups.com...

Leith Ross wrote:
Hello Paul,

Excel gives you an all or nothing choice with the column and row
headers. You can't display one or the other. Either you display them or
you don't.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe as a workaround you can hide both column and row labels, then format
the top row to look like the column labels.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
I believe that that would have to be a windows setting and would affect a
lot of other stuff.

--

HTH

RP

oups.com...

Leith Ross wrote:
Hello Paul,

Excel gives you an all or nothing choice with the column and row
headers. You can't display one or the other. Either you display them

or
you don't.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross

Leith Ross's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,
Thanks for the Reply.

David,
Thanks for the Reply
The Reason is that there are Numbers in Column "A". These Numbers are
NOT Sequential, so when People Input Data there are Usually a Number of
ERRORS because they have Input the Data in the Row Number Instead of
the Column "A" Number.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul