Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

Default suppress Excel save message

Hi all,

I have quick, how do I suppress Exce's save file message box right before I
close the workbook? I tried to put the application.displayalert = false in
the workbook's BeforeClose event, but that does not appear to work. Please
share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Ben,

Add this to your code...

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True

Setting this property True will suprress the "Save" message a
closing.

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ben ha scritto:
Hi all,

I have quick, how do I suppress Exce's save file message box right before I
close the workbook? I tried to put the application.displayalert = false in
the workbook's BeforeClose event, but that does not appear to work. Please
share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

In the BeforeClose event, tell Excel that the file has been saved.
(even if it has *not*)

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True

This won't save the workbook; it just tells Excel that there's nothing
more to be saved :D

bye
--
Guldo