Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default suppress popup message

If I open a specific workbook i get the following message:

"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another
workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other
workbook?"

I ALWAYS answer that with "no". The open-routine is done by a macro and
would like answer this question by default with "no". how?

Application.DisplayAlerts = False does NOT work!
Don't ask me why... :(

Walt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was fast, thanks!

I must have overlooked that switch....

Walt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Click on Tools, Options and select the Edit tab
Simply uncheck the "Ask to update automatic links" box

If you want to do it in code then it's
Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False

"walt" wrote in message
If I open a specific workbook i get the following

message:

"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to

information in
another
workbook. do you want to update this workbook with

changes made to the
other
workbook?"

I ALWAYS answer that with "no". The open-routine is

done by a macro and
would like answer this question by default with "no".

how?

Application.DisplayAlerts = False does NOT work!
Don't ask me why... :(

Walt

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which updates the links without asking - he said he didn't want the link
updated.

I ALWAYS answer that with "no".

In Excel 2002, there are options under Edit=Links for this I believe, but
not earlier verions.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy