Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Updated Cells

Our company goes through a budgeting process every year utilizing fairly
complex Excel spreadsheets.
These workbooks are sent out to the department managers shared so the
changed may be merged when they are returned with their changes.
This process of sending and returning is repeated numerous times thoughout
the process.
Everytime the workbooks are returned we upload into our SAP system.
When a workbook is returned to me again...I only need to upload the cells
that have CHANGED...which makes the upload process MUCH faster.

How can I identify those cells that have had their values changed from one
time to the next?

Dave French

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

From time to time, I have to perform the same task.. also with SAP.

If you're uploading using txt files, my recomendation here is to upload
everything again; of course, it will depend on whether you have full
privileges to do that. Some companies splits uploads within its
employees.

I also work with huge files of Excel projections. To manage the huge
amount of information I had to created a routine that reads the Excel
files and Writes all the information into the upload files -instead of
using Vlookups, so I no longer have to repair broken links- I don't
care what changed.

Before uploading them, I load all the txt files in Access using a
batch, to test for data integrity, and finally upload the data.

I think you should read this.
http://www.cfo.com/printable/article...4023?f=options

Regards,
LCK