Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveCell.Copy Cells(1, intRow) limited to 255 Rows?

Through a little testing I have found that the following statement
won't work if intRow is greater than 255

ActiveCell.Copy Cells(1, intRow)

This is true if Cells(1,256) is used.

How do I get past this limitation?

Thanks

-tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom

How do I get past this limitation?

You can't

There are only 256 columns in Excel
The next Excel version will have more

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tom" wrote in message oups.com...
Through a little testing I have found that the following statement
won't work if intRow is greater than 255

ActiveCell.Copy Cells(1, intRow)

This is true if Cells(1,256) is used.

How do I get past this limitation?

Thanks

-tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are only 256 columns in Excel The next Excel version will have more.

Thanks. I noticed my incorrect reference to Rows when I meant columns.
Thanks for catching that.

-tom