Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default double blank lines in cells

Our software generates reports by exporting data to xml, and then
transforming it by xsl into an "excel-readable" format. When there are longer
texts to be displayed in one cell, word wraps in the original text appear
double in the excel cell, for example when
line1
line2
is the original text, in excel it appears as
line1

line2
How do I get rid of the blank line? We tried every code for word wraps/line
feeds we could think of, like "\n", "chr(10)",
"... and so on, but nothing
works.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Björn Göhringer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Based on my test, the XML recognize as a carriage return.
Here is a sample snippet.
<Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="1" ss:ExpandedRowCount="1" x:FullColumns="1"
x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="54" ss:DefaultRowHeight="14.25"
<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="28.5"
<Cell ss:StyleID="s21"<Data ss:Type="String"bb fasdf</Data</Cell
</Row
</Table

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you try reducing the cell's height? When a word is wrapped in
cell, the height is increased to display the value.

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros