Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using user defined constants

Hello:

when I run the following code Range A1 contaims "Name?" .What am I doing
wrong ? Also in the for loop I would like to i to increment in steps of 0.1
how do i do that ? they way I tried does not work ?Thanks in advance

Ravi

Sub EnterInfo()
Dim i As Double
Dim x As Integer
Dim y As Integer
Dim del As Range
Dim cel As Range
Set cel = Range("a1")
Set del = Range("b1")
x = 2
y = 7
For i = 1 To 10
cel(i).Formula = "=SIN(x+y)"

del(i).Value = i
i = i + 0.1
Next i

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried

For i=1 to 10 step 0.1

It still does not work .Its does not increment properly. I get these values
in range B1.

1.4
2.4
3.4
4.4
5.5
6.5
7.5
8.5
9.5
10

I am trying to get these values in range B1

0
0.1
0.2
..
..
9.9
10.0

Should I add some sort of delay?

Ravi

Ravi
"ZGH" wrote:

For i = 1 To 10 step 0.1

"ravi" wrote in message
Hello:

when I run the following code Range A1 contaims "Name?" .What am I doing
wrong ? Also in the for loop I would like to i to increment in steps of
0.1
how do i do that ? they way I tried does not work ?Thanks in advance

Ravi

Sub EnterInfo()
Dim i As Double
Dim x As Integer
Dim y As Integer
Dim del As Range
Dim cel As Range
Set cel = Range("a1")
Set del = Range("b1")
x = 2
y = 7
For i = 1 To 10
cel(i).Formula = "=SIN(x+y)"

del(i).Value = i
i = i + 0.1
Next i

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is because i is the row index, so it must step in increments of 1. Try
this (but it doesn't up x or y in the loop!)

Sub EnterInfo()
Dim i As Double
Dim x As Integer
Dim y As Integer
Dim del As Range
Dim cel As Range
Set cel = Range("a1")
Set del = Range("b1")
x = 2: y = 7
For i = 1 To 100
cel(i).Formula = "=SIN(" & x & "+" & y & ")"
del(i).Value = i
Next i

HTH

RP

"ravi" wrote in message

I tried

For i=1 to 10 step 0.1

It still does not work .Its does not increment properly. I get these

values
in range B1.

1.4
2.4
3.4
4.4
5.5
6.5
7.5
8.5
9.5
10

I am trying to get these values in range B1

0
0.1
0.2
.
.
9.9
10.0

Should I add some sort of delay?

Ravi

Ravi
"ZGH" wrote:

For i = 1 To 10 step 0.1

"ravi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the issue is using i for your 0.1 increments and your cell
reference...cells cannot increment by 0.1.

I did it this way and it worked fine:

j = 0
For i = 1 To 101
cel(i).Formula = "=SIN(" & x & "+" & y & ")"
del(i).Value = j
j = j + 0.1
Next i

"ravi" wrote in message

[...]