Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Email with no prompts

Hi. I know this has probably been asked 100 times but I haven't been able
to find the answer so I'm hoping someone is able to help. I have an Excel
Spreadsheet that reads in a text file and splits this over several sheets,
depending on the data. I then send these sheets as an email. As I'm using
outlook the user is prompted that an external application is trying to send
an email, are you sure you want to allow this. Is there anyway for Outlook
to accept Excel as an email sender or is there another way to send emails
without this prompt? I am using Office 2003.

Regards,
Shane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shane

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

CDO is great

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Shane Malden" wrote in message ...
Hi. I know this has probably been asked 100 times but I haven't been able
to find the answer so I'm hoping someone is able to help. I have an Excel
Spreadsheet that reads in a text file and splits this over several sheets,
depending on the data. I then send these sheets as an email. As I'm using
outlook the user is prompted that an external application is trying to send
an email, are you sure you want to allow this. Is there anyway for Outlook
to accept Excel as an email sender or is there another way to send emails
without this prompt? I am using Office 2003.

Regards,
Shane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Thanks for these suggestions. I've taken a look at your site but I don't
think CDO is an option for me. In our Network we disallow SMTP access
outbound. Is there any other way of sending emails or are these my only
options.

I did give it a try at home to see if I could get it to work but I got an
error message; Run-time error '-2147220973 (80040213)': Automation error.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? I simply copied one of your examples
into a fresh Excel 2003 workbook. I am running Windows XP. Any help would
be appreciated.

Regards,
Shane

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shane

If you are not using Outlook Express you must use the commented lines also.
Some firewall's bock it, add it to the acception list then.