Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DRK DRK is offline

Default Display link source from other workbook

I have two workbooks. The Primary file is the one the user works in. The
Compliance file is used by the Primary file to create legal documents.

The source for the data in the Compliance file comes is the Primary File.
The Primary file can be in different directories and under different names.
The Compliance file stays put in name and location. However I do have to
change its links back to the Primary file in use.

At this point I am having the end user change the links manually. It would
be lovely if from the Primary file I could change the links in the Compliance
file to the active workbook. Any way I can do that?

In addition to my wish list, is there a way to have a cell on the Input
sheet in the Primary file to show what file the Compliance file is currently
linked?

I am running Excel 97.

--
DRK