Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Progress indicator script

Hi all, i have some code that inserts some folders on the c drive and
then a shortcut on the desktop and checks that a certain drive is
mapped, this takes a while and i am trying to add a progress indicator.
I have got J. Walkenbachs's book with the CD and have seen his code,
however the counter updates with the loop, but my code hase no loop ?
Would one have to put updates at certain stages in the code to update
the progress indicator ? or how would one do it ?

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Les,

These type of progress indicators are designed to be controlled from within
your code, all they do is echo the progress value that they are told about,
and it is your code that informs the indicator of the progress at any stage.
By your description, the elapsed time is not in your code as such but in the
opearting system functions. If you are making many calls (inserting many
folders, etc.) you could put a call to the progress indicator after each
one.

--

HTH

RP

"Les Stout" wrote in message
Hi all, i have some code that inserts some folders on the c drive and
then a shortcut on the desktop and checks that a certain drive is
mapped, this takes a while and i am trying to add a progress indicator.
I have got J. Walkenbachs's book with the CD and have seen his code,
however the counter updates with the loop, but my code hase no loop ?
Would one have to put updates at certain stages in the code to update
the progress indicator ? or how would one do it ?

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bob, that makes sense and clearer for me to understand.

Les Stout