Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calling a specific printer?

Hi all!

My Question might seem simple on a first glance, but it isn't. (at least for
me :)

I made an input menu where the user can specify the pages to be printed and
some other parameters. THis is then sent to a specific printer (e.g.
"CutePDF Writer on CPW2:") which I specified in VBA as activeprinter.

The problem now ist, that we use this Excel sheet on several different Pcs
in our office - the printer is still the same but the "on CPWx:" part
changes from on to another pc.
I tried to leave it away, which gives me a nice error message.

Is there any way to get a list of all printer registered on the system and
then to select the one starting with "Cute*"?

thanks for your help

patrick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just call up the printer dialog and let them select. Make it part of
the procedures to select the one starting with "Cute".

application.dialogs(xldialogprint).Show

--

HTH

RP