Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Time sheets

Hello

Here's the time sheet I'm trying to create.

The standard hours of work are 8 hours per day and half an hour unpaid lunch
break

Operatives begin work at 8:00am and finish at 16:30 thus their 8 hour of
work. They are thus paid for 8 hours work.

However operatives rarely work a 40 hour week and so overtime kicks in.

For the following three hours they are paid at time and a half:

E.g.

8:00-16:30= 8 hours

8:00-19:30= 8 hours + 4.5 (3*1.5 been the time and a half component) =12.5
hours

Thereafter pay is double time

E.g.2

8:00-20:00= 8 hours +4.5 hours (3*1.5 hours) + 1 hour (0.5*2 been the double
time component) =13 hours

How can I create a formula whereby Excel will differentiate between the
different overtime rates once the 8 hour mark has been passed?

Currently my formula is set up like this, compliments of "Sajay":

D2=Time began E2= Time finished F3=Lunch break
G4=Hours worked

D3=8:00 E3=16:30
F3=00:30 =E3-D3-F3

G4 has been "Custom Formatted" to hh:mm

N.B Operatives may begin work at 7:00 working until 16:30. In this instance
their overtime rate would kick in at 15:30 and be paid time and a half for
the remaining hour.

Finally on the occasions where operatives work on a Saturday They are paid
at a rate of 1.5*hours worked for the first 5 hours and then double time
thereafter

On a Sunday it is straightforward 2*hours.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Driver

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

need to know 1-2-3

is there any chance of work starting after 8.00 say 10.00 and what is
the procedure.

is there any thing that 8.00 hours will be one day??

Mr. x started at 10.00 and worked up to 18.30 he is noteligible for
higher rate, right??

meanwhile mail me about u.

YOurs,
sajay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

driver,
this is the text i mailed you

Friend, it is good to see questions like this. But from this what I
understand is that you are a lazy person, don't want to compute hours
and pay mannually.
Even I do it like that, want to speed up process and do someother works
with the saved time. (may be genius is all about lazyness)
Inventions may be because of the laziness (may be genius is all about
lazyness)

This being a Sunday I got time to go through your query
But I still don't understand what you mean by "you have pre-empted
me"
come to http://www.groups.google.com
and search for "CRAZY PEOPLE" and have your comments there

hope this did your job
but make sure it works
test with all days, all hours
make sure starting time should be less than ending time

www.sajay.50g.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi, driver,

there??