Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SG SG is offline

Default Insert if not exist

Hello,

I'm assigned a task to append monthly data to sheet 1. In sheet1, it
includes acct#, acctname, 1st mth sales. When the 2nd mth sales is generated
with the same format, I want to append it to sheet1 in this way which if
this account exists, append the sales to the column beside 1st mth sales, it
the account does not exist, add one new line to the bottom with 1st mth
sales "0".
sheet1 data would be like"

acct# acctname 1st mth 2nd mth
1001 abc 1 2
1002 bcd 0 3 (not exist before)

How can I achieve this? If need more explaination, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sarah