Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default left fill Excel numbers

Hi;

I have varying length "numbers" in a text cell and I would like to make them
all the same length. How can I Left-Fill with Zeros?

ie.
2
121
98237

I would like:
00002
00121
98237

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

easiest might be to format 00000

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"DTTODGG" wrote in message
Hi;

I have varying length "numbers" in a text cell and I would like to make

them
all the same length. How can I Left-Fill with Zeros?

ie.
2
121
98237

I would like:
00002
00121
98237

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe you said your numbers are in cells formatted as text. In that case
try...

Sub Macro1()
For Each c In Selection.Cells
c.Formula = Format(c, "0000#")
Next c
End Sub

If the cells aren't formatted as text, add
Selection.NumberFormat = "@" before the For Each statement.