Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002 : Can I speed fill from left to right ?

Dear Sir,

I could speed fill B1 downwards (B1:B50) in a table by clicking the bottom
right corer of that cell as illustrated below:

A B
1 XXX XXX
2 XXX
3 XXX
4 XXX
50 XXX

May I know if it is possible for me to speed fill the content of cell A3
from left to right ? (A3: DJ3)

A B C D E DJ
1 XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
2 XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
3 XXX
4
5

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Nothing like as quick as the double click to fill down but you can do this

Enter your formula in A3 and tap F5
enter your range (say) A3:Z3
click OK
Tap F2
Ctrl + Enter will fill the formula

Mike

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir,

I could speed fill B1 downwards (B1:B50) in a table by clicking the bottom
right corer of that cell as illustrated below:

A B
1 XXX XXX
2 XXX
3 XXX
4 XXX
50 XXX

May I know if it is possible for me to speed fill the content of cell A3
from left to right ? (A3: DJ3)

A B C D E DJ
1 XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
2 XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
3 XXX
4
5

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Low

The double-click to fill works down only, not across.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP