Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ADO runtime files ?

Hi,

I just wrote a small Excel 2003 VBA app which uses ADO to generate a
temporary database during operation.

I know that all the potential users of the application have Excel 2003
installed; however, some of them do not have Access 2003. When I ran
my first test on a non-Access machine, I got the following error:

Run-time error -2147217887 (80040e21)
ODBC driver does not support the required properties

Could anyone please advise which runtime files I will need to
distribute with my Excel 2003 spreadsheet in order for the app to run ?

Thanks and regards

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

Since this hasn't been answered...

I think your best bet is to install MDAC in whatever version of ado you are
using in your code on the target machine.

If you are going to do this, you might as well upgrade everything to 2.8
(including the ado lib reference in your code) with service packs since
there have been a few security holes patched.

You can get the install packages off msdn.

It's a hassle, but you ensure you have all the latest datest provider
libraries by going this route.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I just wrote a small Excel 2003 VBA app which uses ADO to generate a
temporary database during operation.

I know that all the potential users of the application have Excel 2003
installed; however, some of them do not have Access 2003. When I ran
my first test on a non-Access machine, I got the following error:

Run-time error -2147217887 (80040e21)
ODBC driver does not support the required properties

Could anyone please advise which runtime files I will need to
distribute with my Excel 2003 spreadsheet in order for the app to run ?

Thanks and regards

Nick

Runtime Sundowner Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 27th 10 01:31 AM
runtime error (9) JBW Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 4th 07 02:16 PM
Runtime Error MBlake[_2_] Excel Programming 0 May 31st 05 07:33 PM
Runtime Error TomD Excel Programming 2 April 30th 04 07:23 PM
Runtime Error Michael Excel Programming 1 January 23rd 04 06:09 PM