Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formulas not calculating

I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working unless I F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working unless I

F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Wade,
See if this helps
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...a.htm#problems

---
HTH,

"Wade" wrote in message ...
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working unless I

F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value it is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working

unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the formula does not calculate, if I hit F2 & enter it works

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value it is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working

unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select a single cell, all cells or the cells that are problematic and do

Edit=Replace
Replace What: =
Replace With: =

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value it

is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working

unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to

automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the sentiment, but
There would be too many typos and they would probably want Dave Peterson to
Review it. Yikes!

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value

it
is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working
unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to

automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops, wrong thread - disregard.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value

it
is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not

working
unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to

automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i'm glad i'm not the only one that does that<g

--

Gary

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a
value

it
is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not

working
unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to
automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This can't be good--'cause we know he doesn't open attachments!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

? =Formula

? ? ?
? ? ? so you see the formula instead of the result
? ? ?
? ? ? or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value
it
? is
? ? ? dependent on.
? ? ?
? ? ? --
? ? ? Regards,
? ? ? Tom Ogilvy
? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ? "Wade" ? wrote in message
? ? ? ...
? ? ? ? Sorry Tom, That does not work
? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? How about
? ? ? ? ? Ctrl+shift+F9
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? --
? ? ? ? ? Regards,
? ? ? ? ? Tom Ogilvy
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? "Wade" ? wrote in message
? ? ? ? ? ...
? ? ? ? ? ? I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work ?
? ? ? ? ? ? I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working
? ? ? unless I
? ? ? ? ? F2
? ? ? ? ? ? and then hit enter on the cell.
? ? ? ? ? ? I have checked tools,options, calculations ? it is set to
? automatic.
? ? ? ? ? ? The F9 key does not work either.
? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ?
?
?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

I had the same issue. This fix works. Thanks.

Any idea why it works and none of the methods to explicitly force
calculation work?

- Steve

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

David makes an interesting point.

do you mean the cell looks like

=Formula

so you see the formula instead of the result

or just that the formula doesn't recalculate when you change a value it

is
dependent on.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
Sorry Tom, That does not work

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How about
Ctrl+shift+F9

Tom Ogilvy

"Wade" wrote in message
I have a bunch of worksheets where the formulas work &
I have a bunch of work sheets where the formulas are not working
unless I
F2
and then hit enter on the cell.
I have checked tools,options, calculations & it is set to

automatic.
The F9 key does not work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have multiple spreadsheets that when I type in a formula (i.e. =sum(k152/8)
and proceed to copy the formula into other cells - the value of k152 answer
is repeated into the cells even though the formula changed to i.e
=sum(k153/8).
I have updated all applicable Office 2003 updates etc. and I am still having
this problem, whether it's a new spreadsheet or existing one.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Dawn