Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need help with arrays (Still)

I have a slight problem that Excel either can not do or I can not ente
the formula correctly. I am asking for your expertise. What I need i
to enter Value A into a cell and then enter Value B into a cell, hav
Excel do the division, and then generate a table with that number o
rows. For example, if I enter "20" into cell A2, enter "5" into cel
B2, I need Excel to generate a table in cell C4 that starts at 1 an
then in cell D4 is 2, then 3 ....

If further elaboration is needed, what I am looking for is this. If
have a distance of say 20 meters & I want to break it into 5 equa
sections. I will enter 20 in cell A2 and enter 5 in cell A3. I wan
Excel to realize (from my input of 5) that I want 5 columns. Say
enter the "code" in cell C5 I want Excel to place a "1" in cell C5,
in cell D5, place a "2", in D6, place a "3"... until it reaches th
nmber of sections that I asked for. I hope this is clear & I hope tha
someone can help.

If you can help, please explain in as basic of terms as possible.

Thank yo

--
rbheda
rbhedal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2819

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not sure if it can be done how you explain it. you need to have some sort of
consistency with where you will be entering your numbers and where you want
the results you mention a2 and a3 and then c4 in one paragraph and in the
other you mention c5.

maybe if you kept them all in the same row. maybe someone else can
interpret what you mean, .but i need further explanation.
--

Gary

"rbhedal" wrote in
message ...

I have a slight problem that Excel either can not do or I can not enter
the formula correctly. I am asking for your expertise. What I need is
to enter Value A into a cell and then enter Value B into a cell, have
Excel do the division, and then generate a table with that number of
rows. For example, if I enter "20" into cell A2, enter "5" into cell
B2, I need Excel to generate a table in cell C4 that starts at 1 and
then in cell D4 is 2, then 3 ....

If further elaboration is needed, what I am looking for is this. If I
have a distance of say 20 meters & I want to break it into 5 equal
sections. I will enter 20 in cell A2 and enter 5 in cell A3. I want
Excel to realize (from my input of 5) that I want 5 columns. Say I
enter the "code" in cell C5 I want Excel to place a "1" in cell C5, &
in cell D5, place a "2", in D6, place a "3"... until it reaches the
nmber of sections that I asked for. I hope this is clear & I hope that
someone can help.

If you can help, please explain in as basic of terms as possible.

Thank you

--
rbhedal
rbhedal's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

before i go any farther, see if this is a star t of what you are trying to
do. put your values in a2 and b2 and run the macro

Sub test()
div = Application.Evaluate("=a2/b2")
Debug.Print div
Cells(2, 3).Resize(1, div).Activate
i = 3
For v = 1 To div
Cells(2, i) = v
i = i + 1
Next
v = v + 1

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this is a little different approach
Sub test()
div = Application.Evaluate("=a2/b2")
Debug.Print div
With Cells(2, 3).Resize(1, div)
i = 3
For v = 1 To div
Cells(2, i) = v
i = i + 1
Next
v = v + 1
End With

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You received an answer yesterday when you said you wanted rows.

for column you would just alter the code

Sub abc()
If IsNumeric(Range("A2")) And IsNumeric(Range("B2")) And _
Not IsEmpty(Range("B2")) Then
If CLng(Range("B2")) < 0 Then
For i = 1 To Range("A2") / Range("B2")
Range("C4").Offset(0,i-1).Value = i
Next

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Arrays Brendan Vassallo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 February 23rd 06 02:27 AM
Arrays Tobro88 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 18th 05 11:28 PM
Arrays Dani Excel Programming 1 June 7th 05 05:28 PM
VBA arrays hokiebird Excel Programming 3 November 11th 04 10:38 AM
Help with arrays please Gary[_18_] Excel Programming 6 June 27th 04 08:29 PM