Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tobro88

Default Arrays

I have created a spreadsheet that contains the names and demographic
data for children and their scores on a state test. I am trying to use
an array to count how many children fall into each category that I have
set up based on percentages. When I create the array, it does not
count the number 0 in any of my totals. The only way that I have
discovered that I can get 0s counted is to modify the formula to count
0.1 as 0. Any idea how to include zeros in an array?

If I can get this to work, I will begin breaking things down by gender,
ethnicity, etc. If anyone knows of an easier way to do all of this, let
me know!!
Thanks!!
:)

--
Tobro88
Tobro88's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28895

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Maybe you can post the fomrula that is erroneous?

Peo Sjoblom

"Tobro88" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Sheppard

Tobro88 Wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet that contains the names and demographic
data for children and their scores on a state test. I am trying to use
an array to count how many children fall into each category that I have
set up based on percentages. When I create the array, it does not
count the number 0 in any of my totals. The only way that I have
discovered that I can get 0s counted is to modify the formula to count
0.1 as 0. Any idea how to include zeros in an array?

If I can get this to work, I will begin breaking things down by gender,
ethnicity, etc. If anyone knows of an easier way to do all of this, let
me know!!
Thanks!!
:)

Hi Tobro88

I don't know about 0's in an array, but another way to get the results
you want would be to use a pivot table

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486415

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tobro88

This is the formula that I am usimg to list all of the kids that scored
in the range 0-3. =SUM((E2:E26=0)*(E2:E26<=3))

For some reason it is not counting the zeros unless I create it the
following way:
=SUM((E2:E26=0.1)*(E2:E26<=3)) and then format the colum to round
down.

I may try the pivot table idea, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Thanks!!