Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checking and merging content from several worksheets

I may be asking for the impossible, but will treat this like Christmas
and ask for it all. I don't know if I need a macro or a crazy
formula(or allot of crazy formulas) to do this.

Situation: I am sharing a workbook to track issues on a group project.
Each person will update content on their own worksheet. I will have a
worksheet of consolidated information ("Consolidated Info") from each
of the other worksheets.
There will be a unique Issue # for each issue on each person's
worksheet (it is that person's initials and their ID number for that
issue) and then information related to that issue will populate the
rest of the cells in that row. Each worksheet does not have the same
set of columns, but if there are common columns they all have an
identical column name.

Problem: Is there a way to trigger Excel to look on the "Consolidated
Info" workshet for the unique Issue #, search on each of the other
worksheets for that Issue #, and if found, replace certain cells in
that row with the individual's updated content (by matching column
names)? And if that Issue # was not found on any of the worksheets, I
would like to populate a cell with the word "Closed" for that Issue #.
AND if there are Issue #s on the individual spreadsheets that are not
on the Consolidated Info spreadsheet, I would like this information
added to the bottom of the Consolidated Info spreadsheet (I have no
idea how to make sure it adds itself below the last entry row used).

What is the best way to do this?