Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging of cell content i a Worksheet

Hi!
I wonder if there is an easy way to merge the contents of 3 cells into one
cell?
--
MarMor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell D1, place something like below to merge A1,B1, and C1
=A1 & B1 & C1
If you want spaces:
=A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1
Morten wrote:
Hi!
I wonder if there is an easy way to merge the contents of 3 cells into one
cell?
--
MarMor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B1 enter...
=C1&D1&E1
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Morten"
wrote in message
Hi!
I wonder if there is an easy way to merge the contents of 3 cells into one
cell?
--
MarMor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Morten,
For the future, if you have a lot of these
to do in entire columns and don't want to mess with cleaning
off worksheet formulas when done you might want to use a
macro if it fits your needs (puts a space in between for each
cell's te4xt it annexed).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#join

I realize the thread is two weeks old, and you got
answers you could use with worksheet formulas.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel