Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FMW FMW is offline

Default Automating a checklist

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Place in the code for the sheet or userform (wherever you have the checkboxes)

Private Sub SpaghettiCheckBox_Change() 'this is the master checkbox
If SpaghettiCheckBox.value = true then
''these are ones that are changed when the master is checked
PastaCheckBox.value = true
SauceCheckBox.value = true
ParmeseanCheckBox.value = true
End if
end sub

You'll have to do this for all your checkboxes (make sure you change the
names as well! I just went along with your grocery example)

"FMW" wrote:

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FMW FMW is offline

I must still be doing something wrong. I'm using a control form and using
checkboxes. In my VB form (this comes up automatically when I double click
the control when in Design mode nothing is happening :

Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
If CheckBox2.Value = True Then
CheckBox1.Value = True

Any suggestions? Sorry, I'm new to this coding stuff....

"FMW" wrote:

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Where are your checkboxes located? Are they on a Userform, or directly on
the sheet? And if directly on the sheet, are you using the control toolbox
toolbar, or the forms toolbar?

"FMW" wrote:

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FMW FMW is offline

The checkboxes are directly on the Excel sheet and I'm using a control
toolbox toolbar. FYI - I'm not sure what I did but the code appears to be
working. In fact I added in a statement saying if 'false' then all 'false'
to deselect.

Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if I get stuck again. FYI - I am
using this to automate our project teams. If a certain type of project is
selected the developers eligible to work on that project are highlighted.

"FMW" wrote:

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Glad I could help! Let me know if there is anything else you need.

"FMW" wrote:

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?

rooms checklist hany elkader Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 25th 06 06:10 AM
Checklist guy Excel Worksheet Functions 7 December 28th 05 04:59 PM
Checklist guy New Users to Excel 1 December 26th 05 08:12 PM
RFP Checklist template Kristin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 17th 05 09:30 PM
Checklist ForSale[_2_] Excel Programming 2 July 17th 04 05:17 AM