Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Default Automating a checklist

Place in the code for the sheet or userform (wherever you have the checkboxes)

Private Sub SpaghettiCheckBox_Change() 'this is the master checkbox
If SpaghettiCheckBox.value = true then
''these are ones that are changed when the master is checked
PastaCheckBox.value = true
SauceCheckBox.value = true
ParmeseanCheckBox.value = true
End if
end sub

You'll have to do this for all your checkboxes (make sure you change the
names as well! I just went along with your grocery example)

"FMW" wrote:

I'm trying to automate a list so that when I select a control 'checkbox'
several sub-boxes will be selecting. The best way I can think of to describe
the functionality I'm after is to think of a grocery list. If my menu item
is on top of the list (spaghetti, chicken dinner, etc) and I check it all of
the ingredients boxes in the shopping list will automatically be selected.

Can excel help?