Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I select the last entry in a sheet, to use in a formula?

Hello,

I have a list of entry's that grows every day.
I want to know the substraction of the last entry in the list and the first
entry.
The position of the first entry is known (b3).
The position of the last enty is increased every day.

How do I select th last entry?
How do I enter this in a formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=MAX(IF(ISBLANK(A1:A65535),0,ROW(A1:A65535)))

will return the row number of the last row, whereas

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(IF(ISBLANK(A1:A65535),0,ROW(A1:A655 35))))

returns the last value.

These are both irrespective of numbers or text, and are both array entered,
Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--
HTH

Bob Phillips