-   -   How do I select the last entry in a sheet, to use in a formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343210-how-do-i-select-last-entry-sheet-use-formula.html)

Rens Duijsens

How do I select the last entry in a sheet, to use in a formula?

Hello,

I have a list of entry's that grows every day.
I want to know the substraction of the last entry in the list and the first
entry.
The position of the first entry is known (b3).
The position of the last enty is increased every day.

How do I select th last entry?
How do I enter this in a formula?

Tom Ogilvy

How do I select the last entry in a sheet, to use in a formula?

=INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,Shee t1!B:B))-Sheet1!B3

Tom Ogilvy

"Rens Duijsens" <Rens wrote in message
Hello,

I have a list of entry's that grows every day.
I want to know the substraction of the last entry in the list and the

first
entry.
The position of the first entry is known (b3).
The position of the last enty is increased every day.

How do I select th last entry?
How do I enter this in a formula?

Bob Phillips[_6_]

How do I select the last entry in a sheet, to use in a formula?

=MAX(IF(ISBLANK(A1:A65535),0,ROW(A1:A65535)))

will return the row number of the last row, whereas

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(IF(ISBLANK(A1:A65535),0,ROW(A1:A655 35))))

returns the last value.

These are both irrespective of numbers or text, and are both array entered,
Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--
HTH

Bob Phillips